The sun is shining down hot on a summer day. The swimming pool looks awfully cool, but you don’t feel like taking a full swim. When you own one of the best pool floats for adults, you can lay back and relax whenever the mood strikes. With several different sizes, shapes, and purposes available in this category, you really can take charge of your relaxation whenever you feel the need to beat the heat.
The Best Chart for Adult Pool Floats
So okay – the idea of sitting in a Spongebob Squarepants pool float is a little disconcerting. You want something that is reflective of where you are in life today. These top-rated pool floats are highly affordable, very supportive, and are sized to support your height and weight properly while you drift in your pool.
|Kelsyus Floating Water Hammock|| 4.4 ||$$|
|Intex Floating Recliner Inflatable Lounge|| 4.2 ||$|
|GoFloats Flamingo PartyTube Inflatable Raft|| 4.2 ||$|
|Kelsyus Floating Lounger|| 4.4 ||$$|
|Intex Canopy Island Inflatable Lounge|| 4.3 ||$$$$$+|
|Aqua Leisure Monterey Hammock Pool Float|| 4.8 ||$|
|BigMouth Inc Gigantic Donut Pool Float|| 4.0 ||$|
|Poolmaster Water Hammock Lounge|| 4.2 ||$$$|
|GoFloats Unicorn Party Tube Inflatable Raft|| 4.9 ||$|
|Intex 18 Pocket Suntanner Lounge|| 4.1 ||$|
What Are the Advantages of the Best Pool Floats for Adults?
Floating is a healthy way to relax. The first floating tanks were developed in 1954 to help people find a way to step outside of the craziness of life for a few minutes. Floating is known to reduce headache triggers, reduce stress and anxiety, and even provide relief to chronic pain issues. When you close your eyes on one of the best pool floats, it feels like you can begin to lose sense of time passing.
That’s just one very real advantage of owning a great pool float for your swimming pool. Here are some of the other advantages which are worth considering.
- You can cool off on a hot day. Many of the best pool floats for adults are designed to work with the resistance of the water. You’ll be able to sit or lie down in a natural position, supported by the pool float, and feel the cool water of the pool without actually be fully submerged.
- You are able to enjoy a drink. Some of the best pool floats in this category offer you a safe place to put beverages while you’re enjoying a pool. This limits the risks of introducing additional organic compounds into your water and you’re not stuck on the hot concrete trying to get your cocktail.
- You can use pool floats as a fitness option. If swimming isn’t really your thing, there are several pool floats for adults that can make it possible to access this beneficial exercise. Swimming is low-impact, providing your muscles with extra resistance while protecting your joints, and with a pool float you don’t have to be a proficient swimmer to make it happen.
Then there’s the fact that you can use your pool float in your own pool. You control the cleanliness of your own pool. You can’t say the same thing about the local public pool – or the pool your friends might have.
What Are the Prices of the Best Pool Floats for Adults?
Pool floats for adults are remarkably affordable. Many options are available in the $15-$20 price range. These entry-level floats get the basics right, giving you a supportive experience as you relax in your pool.
Larger pool floats for adults, multi-person floats, or unique designs tend to be priced in the $30-$40 range. Some of these floats may be up to 8 feet in length, allowing you to completely stretch out as you float along. Water hammocks that suspend you in your pool are also usually in this pricing category.
What Do Our Reviews Have to Say?
We love the durability of this pool float for adults. Now only does it have a standard combination of polyester and PVC, but it also has 5% steel put in there too. With the fabric covering, you’re able to float in your pool, a lake, or other quiet body of water with perfect ease. A patented inner spring is sewn into the outside edge of the float to make sure you have better stability and support. Since you’re floating just below the surface of the water, you stay cool and comfortable all afternoon. Clips even let you to tether to a dock, a boat, or the side of your pool.
If you don’t like to lay down in the water, then consider kicking your feet up and relaxing in this unique air-filled recliner. It offers two air chambers so you have the support you need. Two cup holders are built into the product as well to make sure you have your favorite cocktails close at hand. It also has two heavy duty handles which make transporting it a whole lot easier. It’s comfortable, keeps you cool, and doesn’t cost a fortune to put into your pool. That’s definitely a win/win situation for everyone.
Who doesn’t like sitting inside a big pink flamingo? Don’t let the affordable price or the fun design fool you: this pool float for adults is one of the most durable in this category. You can also fill it up quickly thanks to the valve which is designed to provide a 10x faster inflation than a traditional valve. When fully inflated, it stands 3 feet above the water’s surface and gives you 45 inches of width to sit. Grab your favorite book, put on some sunscreen, and float the afternoon away.
If you’re looking for more water while floating because it’s just too hot outside, then this water hammock float is the best option for you. Like other floats of this design, your head will stay above the water’s surface, while the rest of you goes below it. Dual floats help to keep you buoyant while you relax and it only takes a couple of minutes to inflate them. It does take a little to get used to the knees being elevated with your head, but once you do, you’ll discover just how comfortable this float happens to be. Don’t pass up this value purchase!
This fun party float will cost you about the same as a nice dinner out somewhere. In return, you’ll receive a 45-inch wide float that stands 3 feet tall – if you count the height of the unicorn horn, that is. A rainbow mane and tail help to incorporate more fun into this design as well, while you’ve got plenty of space to kick back and get comfortable. Don’t want to float in a pool? This float is suitable for some forms of river floating as well. Give it a look and we think you’ll love it as much as we did.
A Quick Guide to Pool Floats
The best pool floats make for an excellent pool accessory. They can be found in numerous sizes, designs, and material options. Choosing the right pool float means looking at what you want to get out of the experience. That’s because there are several different design options that are available to you right now.
- Pool Lounge Floats. This type of pool float will place the user in either a seated or prone position. This is the type of float that you’ll want to use if you want to read a book while in your pool, but still be able to respond to an issue within your home or take a call from work. This type of float isn’t very good for tanning purposes, but they will keep your feet out of the water.
- Pool Hammock Floats. These pool floats allow you to take full advantage of the principles of water resistance. You’re going to get wet with this float, but you’ll also be able to stay afloat without worrying about being in a proper position. You remain suspended in the water, just beneath the surface, with your head always above the surface. It takes a little getting used to this type of pool float, but it can be a very enjoyable experience.
- Inflatable Pool Floats. You can grab a pool float to lounge in the water or even float semi-submersed, but you can also use an inflatable float that comes in several fun shapes. You’ll find this category has had some recent innovations as well, including rocking chairs, tea cup spinners, and other different designs that go beyond the basic animal pool float.
Before purchasing your preferred pool float, you’ll want to compare the measurements of your pool to the fully inflated measurement of your preferred pool float. You should have room to spare in your pool when using your float.
Then you’ll want to consider the materials that are used to construct your pool float so that you receive the results that you want. There are three basic types of float materials that are used in this category right now.
- This is your basic float material. You find it in everything from pool noodles to lounge chairs that allow you to sit in your pool. This type of float typically needs to be dried overnight before being placed into storage and will take up more space than other pool floats for adults.
- Inflatable pool floats have become very popular recently because of the numerous sizes, shapes, and features that are available. You can purchase an inflatable float that is large enough to support you, a close friend, and an entire cooler while you spend time in your pool. Inflatables can then be deflated to minimize its storage footprint. They also tend to take less time to dry than foam floats.
- New pool floats are made from netting and they stay just underneath the surface of the water. Some of these floats may attach to the framework or plaster sides of your pool. They are intended to provide more of a natural in-the-water floating experience than an out-of-the-water tanning and relaxation experience.
There is also a unique type of pool float that is just starting to hit the market right now. Made with a fabric shell, they contain beads that help to keep the cushion afloat in the water. The fabrics stand up to the chemicals of a pool and do not absorb the water so that mold or mildew becomes an issue.
There are even pet pool floats that use this bead technology if you want to keep your furry friend close when they don’t really like the water. Floating drink caddies are also available.
You might also like the air mattress style of pool float that allows you to lie back on several tubes of filled air. Saddle chairs that allow you to stay upright in the water without kicking or paddling are another float option that is growing in popularity.
So it’s up to you. Think about the way you want to relax and there will be a pool float waiting to help you out.
Are You Ready to Take Advantage of the Best Pool Floats for Adults?
How do you know which pool float is going to be the best for you? The journey begins with the best pool float reviews. Instead of putting your money into a float that will have the seams blow out of it after a use or two, you’ll be able to see the quality of the craftsmanship before you make the purchase so that you can have confidence in the product.
Look for pool floats that come with a 1-year warranty at minimum. Extended warranties are an indication that the product has a reputation of maintaining its integrity through multiple seasons.
Then it just comes down to the type of floating experience you wish to have. The best pool floats for adults are going to provide a luxurious experience that is both supportive and buoyant. Whether you choose a foam float, a floating chair, or marine-grade vinyl, you’ll be able to find the floating experience that best meets your personal and budgetary needs right now.
You could be out enjoying your pool a whole lot more. These pool floats can help to make that happen. Grab the one that works best for you today and it will be an investment into yourself that you will not regret.